Consumer Protection And False Advertising Claims
Almost every state in the United States has a ‘consumer protection’ statute to protect consumers – and other businesses – from a variety of unfair and deceptive trade practices. In addition to state laws, federal laws including, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending Act, Fair Credit Billing Act, and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, provide federal statutory rights for consumers. Usually, a consumer, including a business, will have potentially more than one claim to pursue, and at Audet & Partners, LLP our attorneys will apply years of experience to determine the best way to proceed and what law best serves the client, and, in most cases, the class members as whole.
Consumer Fraud Lawyers
Despite the best efforts of federal and state agencies to ‘protect’ consumers, these same agencies recognize that private enforcement of federal and state laws is critical in light of the lack of resources to prosecute every viable claim. Manipulative practices and false advertising will come in a variety of ways, but the end result is that a consumer has economically suffered by the wrongdoers conduct, including false advertising, loan fraud, misleading marketing, internet fraud, over billing and other schemes.
The attorneys at Audet & Partners, LLP have been at the forefront of protecting consumer’s rights, including pursuing false and misleading advertising claims throughout the United States. As our Firm Resume reveals, the firm has been involved in many of the largest class consumer protection cases over the past decade. At the same time, the firm has the reputation as an ethical, yet aggressive advocate for its clients. The results in fact, speak for themselves, and also reveal that the firm has avoided so called “coupon” settlements, and instead focused on ensuring that the recovery is tangible in both monetary and non-monetary relief, whether by trial or by settlement. While no guarantees will be made with respect to any client’s case, the firm is committed to justice in every case it accepts.
If you want additional information about the firm, click here to download a Firm Resume (PDF).
Types of Consumer Fraud Lawsuits
Consumers have an ally in their corner when it comes to fraud. Our team of consumer fraud attorneys is ready and willing to fight for your rights against companies taking advantage of ordinary individuals through false advertising, defective products, or other unjust practices.
With a deep pool of knowledge built on experience and expertise, our legal experts strive to protect the welfare of all Americans from being taken advantage of financially by corporate giants.
Some of the types of lawsuits our fraud attorneys have won on behalf of consumers include:
- • False Advertising – Companies go out of their way to misrepresent their products and services to the detriment of their customers.
- • Bad Faith Insurance – Are you concerned that your insurance company isn’t living up to their end of the bargain? Don’t suffer in silence; our consumer fraud lawyers can help address any issues with getting the coverage and justice you deserve.
- • Investor Fraud – Did you lose money because of your broker’s activities, including unauthorized trading, hidden fees, misrepresentations, or omissions? You could have an investor fraud case.
- • Defective Products – Receiving a product that does not work as advertised can leave you feeling defeated, but your consumer product attorney can secure compensation.
- • Debt Collection Fraud – Audet & Partners has fought cases against debt collectors violating consumer rights, such as charging illegal interest fees.
If you believe your consumer rights have been violated, contact Audet & Partners, the premier lawyers for fraud cases. Take charge with the power of legal advocacy!
If you believe you have been the victim of economic fraud or deceptive trade practice, connect with us by submitting a free case evaluation form on the right side of this page. If you believe a class action has been recently filed, we may also be able to provide you with an update on the case and our evaluation as to whether you may want to join the class action.
Featured Consumer Fraud and False Advertising Lawyers Investigations
January 2, 2018
May 10, 2018
July 18, 2016